Monday, September 01, 2008

Have a great LaBoR DaY...

So I was on the phone with my mom last night and I was asking her if she knew the reason why we celebrated Labor Day. Obviously we know it's supposed to be a break for everyone to not work, but she said the real meaning should be to celebrate all of the mothers who have gone through LABOR in pregnancy. I think that is a great idea. From now on I will always think about all of the ladies who have had to go through torturous hours and hours of pain, in order to bring our little ones into this world. Thanks mom for giving me a whole new outlook on Labor Day. Lets be honest here..labor sucks, and men will never understand what we go though..I don't care who you are!

4 comments:

hunsaker family said...

I know people think I'm crazy, but I love everything about labor and delivery and I don't think it's really that painful. ( i have a secret weapon.) It's the ultimate sacrifice you can make for your child.

Angela said...

Hi Angie,

I wanted to let you know that I am not signing up Hannah for dance until January. We are doing a music class the first semester and dance the second. Hope that helps... let me know if you are doing it. It looks like you are loving your camera!

Nicole said...

Amen!! (says the lady that went through two labors...one for 24 hours and the other for 28...)

Kari Ann said...

I love it! That's sounds like a great Labor Day definition. I love the Newport picutres! You are gorgeous!

Thanksgiving Day...

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and so has my family. We were so blessed to be able to have them come out from Utah to join us (even if it was for 3 short days). We had so much fun just being together and hanging out. Steve made the turkey which was really impressive and the rest of us all pitched in to make the meal a delight. Bette's yams are always one of the favorites of the meal.We also got more aquainted with the WII, especially Sky's g-pa. He was so fun to watch at tennis.. We did miss Kip & Katie who were in Utah and my bro. Robby (who is now devoting his life to delivering christmas packages for Fed Ex..who knows he may just drop something by at your house! I love the holidays and I am so grateful to be able to share it with those I love most!