Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I looked out the window and what did I see......

144 Popcorn Balls made by Skyler, Kip, & Me!
-This last Sunday we had our Primary Program, which I must admit went quite well. We had 144 kids to place on the stand and that was quite tricky, but through it all and the only 2 practices that we did have..the program went unbelievable(thanks to lots of prayer)! So after the program we passed out the popcorn balls to the kids to let them know how much we apprecitated them. I had many people come up and ask me for the recipe so I decided that it was blog worthy..here it is (I got the recipe from Kip so I can't take the credit).
Candy Corn Popcorn Balls
Boil: 2 cubes butter
1 1/2 C. sugar
 1/2. C. light caro syrup
Gently Boil for 1-2 Min. Do not overcook
Add to: 3 bags popped microwave popcorn
3 C. mini marshmellows
optional: stir in 1 bag of candy corn form into balls! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The popcorn balls do look good, I can't wait to try your recipe. Looks like you guys are having fun and staying busy. I can't believe you have 144 kids in primary, we have like 40.

Kate Brotherson said...

Thanks for sharing. These look yummy!

Nicole said...

Yay - they were SO yummy! Thanks for all your wonderful service - I love having you in Primary!

Thanksgiving Day...

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and so has my family. We were so blessed to be able to have them come out from Utah to join us (even if it was for 3 short days). We had so much fun just being together and hanging out. Steve made the turkey which was really impressive and the rest of us all pitched in to make the meal a delight. Bette's yams are always one of the favorites of the meal.We also got more aquainted with the WII, especially Sky's g-pa. He was so fun to watch at tennis.. We did miss Kip & Katie who were in Utah and my bro. Robby (who is now devoting his life to delivering christmas packages for Fed Ex..who knows he may just drop something by at your house! I love the holidays and I am so grateful to be able to share it with those I love most!