Sunday, March 16, 2008

A fun Visit From My Family...

So I am so sick that I could not find the cord to charge my camera, so therefore it is out of order. These past two weeks have been full of fun actvities and I have not one picture to show for it except for these two pics of alyssa and the girls which she took on my mac, that I just found. So thanks alyssa for always wanting to take pictures of yourself, it came in handy this time! j/k... Well to begin my parents and alyssa drove late into the night to get here, and made it safely, just barely though my dad can't drive worth a darn in the dark (sorry dad, but it's the truth). THe next morning my mom woke up really sick with flu like symptoms, and was really sick the whole time she was here. So, we kept her quarantine from the rest of us, and it worked cause none of us got sick which is a miracle. So once it was time for my parents to head down to San Diego for my dad's job interview, my mom kind of started to feel a little better! Alyssa and I decided that we would meet them in L.A. the next day! So we drove there with the two girls and had a blast. We went to THE Grove a  mall in L.A. which is near Hollywood! I highly recomend it to anyone who is down that way. We visited the American Girl Doll store.. I thought Mckenzie was going to beg me for a doll, but she didn't she wanted the bath that the baby goes in and i was not going to pay $50- for a bath..i was trying to talk her into these cute dolls I was going to get one for her and mae mae, but I didnt cause she didn't seem very interested. So we ended up going to Pottery Barn Kids next door and she wanted to iron all of the clothes in the play area. So we bought her a cute pink iron and I am looking for a cute woodem ironing board now! Then we ate where we ate when I came down with my friends a few weeks ago..The Farm they have great food and most of all really yummy desserts! Especially their brownies, cupcakes, and choc. crossiants! We finally met up with my parents who had been driving for a really long time becuase they kept getting lost and traffic is horrible in L.A., we checked into our hotel and changed and the girls were off to see WICKED! Yes, i know i am crazy for seeing it twice in two weeks, but i love it so much i could see it over and over! My sister loved it and the whole play my mom kept leaning over and saying that I reminded her of GLINDA and Alyssa reminded her of ELFABA! (thanks mom, i am not sure if that is a compliment or not) They loved it, and it was a perfect night out with the girls! My dad was a trooper, he babysat both kids for about 4 hours in a hot stuffy hotel room and managed to have them changed, fed and to sleep when we got back! What an awesome Grandpa he is!-We appreciated it soooo much! Thanks Dad We Love YOU! The next morning we drove to Santa Monica Pier and played out at the beach for awhile. The water was still to cold to get in so we put on feet in and the baby was all into the sand. She was trying to eat it! We ate at Bubba Gumps for lunch and then my parents and Alyssa left to head home to Utah and I drove us girls back to Fresno! It was a great week and I am so glad that my family could come out and visit us... We love you and we miss you already! -sorry for those of you who had to read this boring travel log- I wish I had actual pictures to show for it!

No comments:

Thanksgiving Day...

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and so has my family. We were so blessed to be able to have them come out from Utah to join us (even if it was for 3 short days). We had so much fun just being together and hanging out. Steve made the turkey which was really impressive and the rest of us all pitched in to make the meal a delight. Bette's yams are always one of the favorites of the meal.We also got more aquainted with the WII, especially Sky's g-pa. He was so fun to watch at tennis.. We did miss Kip & Katie who were in Utah and my bro. Robby (who is now devoting his life to delivering christmas packages for Fed Ex..who knows he may just drop something by at your house! I love the holidays and I am so grateful to be able to share it with those I love most!